Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Visit to the British Museum

As you all know, i have the great pleasure of visiting Paris and London last month in the early summer, and I really had a good time. One of the highlights of the week long trip was my visit to the famous British Museum in London, I got to see all the famous displays that I had only read about in books and TV.

But there was one artifact that really caught my eye, it was a gold layer idol from the Inca civilization. Not only was it beautiful, it had a very interesting story to it as described in the plaque. Another interesting display in the classical Greek section was the gold coins engraved with the pictures of Alexander the Great.

Its obvious that even from back then gold was the standard that people held as being precious and beautiful. Things haven't changed much, today you can buy gold coins for their immense value as an investment. More so now, gold and silver are fetching good prices due to their dwindling supply in natural form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com