Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Another Boss Rant

Bleck. My boss joined us for the meeting today, first time he did after like 4 months. After half an hour of (barely) keeping quiet, he started his antics again. Bossing everyone around, showing that he knows more than anyone, exaggerating small little stuff as if they were life threatening issues (or in some cases, job-threatening issues), on and on. Once he goes on a roll, the productive part of the meeting pretty much ended, and there’s little to stop him going on and on.

Here’s the thing – I used to get really pissed off with him, but today, I find that after almost 3 years, I’m used to it. Yeah, I know, one year ago, the thought of me getting anything but annoyed at his put-on shows is mildly disturbing, but I find myself slightly amused at him. In fact I spent most of the time scribbling humourous notes to Vanessa sitting next to me.

Some of the guys in the meeting who have not seen my boss’ antics (or have not seen it in awhile) where in stunned silence, as if this was the divine wisdom revealed from a prophetic source. Yeah sure, sick around longer and you’ll hear the rerun of it. And then again, again, like a broken record.

Sometimes I feel sad for him. If by putting down other people and going all out to show how much (he thinks) he knows about the project and industry is the ONLY way he can make himself feel better or justify his undeserved seniority, fine by me. Whatever helps him sleep well at night. I just do my job, like a professional that I am. You do your job, I do mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com