Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Common Job Interview Questions

My research and experience shows the following questions are the most common questions asked by job interviewers. And given below is how most people would REALLY want to answer them…

So why did you leave your last job?
I couldn’t work with my previous boss. He kept asking me to do work. On Monday mornings! And sometimes on Wednesdays, too. Slave driver. But if you call him up and check up on his story, he might mention that incident with the photocopy machine. Its all LIES, I tell you! LIES, you hear me?!

We have a performance-driven, high pressure and competitive working environment here. Are you sure you can handle it?
Wow, performance driven? High pressure?! This is an F1 team, izzit? Noo…! I can’t take this kind of pressure… Don’t want the job, don’t want the job… Give me back my padded resume…!

Can you work long hours?
Yes, of course. My previous job made me stay back until 5.30pm. On Fridays. But as a loyal worker, I never complained. Not once.

We cannot guarantee yearly, bonus and increment; it will all depend on the company’s performance…
Sure, I make up for it by stealing office stationery.

Your expected salary here is a bit on the high side. Don’t you think so?
No. You pay peanuts, you’ll get monkeys.
Or…
What is important here is the expertise I bring to this company. If you value that, money is a secondary issue.
Or…
Why? Is it higher than yours?

I see here you have many years of experience in different areas of work. Can you elaborate on your job description and responsibilities for each one?
I dunno. Which version of my resume are you having? I made many different versions according to my mood… Anyway its all true, no lies there…

Do you have your own transport? This job may require you to travel extensively.
Only if you reimburse me RM2.50 per kilometer. And I want to be sent to Penang (mmm….nasi kandar…) and Genting only. But I may consider London and New York, too. Are you guys giving me an expense account?

If you were hired, when can you start?
Depends. I have another interview tomorrow.

4 Comments:

  • You had said it out all. The attitude of working ppl. Full of lies....Especially when attending interview, ppl always like to promise so many thing. Show that they are so devoted. Burh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2005 08:21:00 pm  

  • Ouch! I'll be having my Interview tomorrow (more like 10 hours from now) and I thought I could use some tips. The tips looks like it'll get me out the room faster :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/09/2005 12:25:00 am  

  • ha... ha... ha... I might try your suggestions one day. Seriously! Ha... Ha... Ha...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/09/2005 11:01:00 am  

  • Awesome man....Only if job applicants had the guts to say all that!!!...lol

    By Blogger [ S a n c h i t ], at 3/09/2005 03:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com