Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, June 03, 2005

Some Pencil Sketches...

I was at a great seminar for a couple of days, very inspiring and informative. But in between to good parts, there were some slow moments. Some of my colleagues scuplted beautiful things with the Play-Doh (provided by the organizers). I did that but didn't like the oily residue on my hands, so I started doing something I haven't been doing for years - pencil sketching. Amid my colleague's comments of "Gee, you're one disturbed dude" and "What on EARTH is that?", here are some of my favourites (Let me just say I'm NOT very good at this drawing stuff):


We'll start with the typical "Imposing Dark Mountain in Moonlight" (not a good one, I'll admit)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



OK, then we've got the "Angel With Sword and Outstretched Wings" (Not related to the Academy Award Ocsar guy)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Then I really got into it. On the right, its a "Brooding Elf Wizard" (NOT Gandalf.) On the left its a hooded elven warrior with scimitar and buckle shield. (They're all hooded coz I can't draw faces!)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Right, I like this next one. It's a dark figure with a guardian watching over him (Note the cross staff. I love drawing that)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Then I got bored. So I had "Fortress Atop Mountains Under Moonlight" (gotta do better...)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



This one is "Transforming Angel and Flaming Maltese Cross" (Or some guy with wings.)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



"Beast in Cemetery" (The tree is dead; I don't like drawing leaves)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And finally "Warrior on Beast of Burden". I like the halberd. (Can't draw animals too)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Now all my colleagues don't want to sit next to me.

10 Comments:

  • Hey, luv your...erm.. titles for ur sketches.

    By Blogger Zer0, at 6/03/2005 11:46:00 pm  

  • Hey, not bad, your sketches! I can't draw anything even like that.

    By Blogger Suzette, at 6/04/2005 12:01:00 am  

  • zer0 - give chance a bit ler... i only amateur ler... :)

    lazy bones - I keep telling my colleagues, "give me another 2 days of seminar and see what else i draw..."

    ashie - OK, technically in AD&D elfs can't handle sword or shields, only staff and robes, but maybe he's just a short guy in robes!

    jfe 8555 - i say, that one quite difficult ler...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 6/04/2005 12:43:00 am  

  • It looks like a movie storyline, any idea to come out one? :)

    Reminds me of Van Helsing .vs. LOTR .vs. Constatine blah blah blah.... the dark mountain is full of evil spirits. hehehe...

    By Blogger keng 坑, at 6/04/2005 07:13:00 am  

  • Wow, must have been a thrilling seminar to inspire such works of art.
    I don't like to draw leaves either, there's too many...

    By Blogger Mike, at 6/04/2005 08:05:00 am  

  • Creative titles indeed. Watch too many movies, I agree.

    By Blogger 5xmom.com, at 6/04/2005 01:12:00 pm  

  • Pretty dark and gruesome stuff. I agree that if I were your colleague, I'd stay far away too!

    *laughs*

    By Blogger Dissociated Mind, at 6/04/2005 11:12:00 pm  

  • wow cool drawings! if i know you personally, i dont mind always sitting beside you just to see you doodle around or sketching. it'll be feast for the eye on the sketchings and u. ;X kekeke

    By Blogger Lexandria, at 6/05/2005 06:36:00 am  

  • Haha, you are much more disturbed than I thought. Either that, or you have been LOTR too many times on VCD/DVD, hehe.

    By Blogger Pat, at 6/07/2005 05:01:00 pm  

  • viking054 - don't remember much about the seminar!

    5xmom - i give art 'disturbed art' classes 4 times a week, if you're interested...

    jenn - perhaps they are also uncomfortable with me constantly mumbling "Die, pitiful scum! BWUAHAHA...!"

    lexandria - tomorrow i'll be sketching evil Pokemons...

    pat - the time has come for the Dark Lord Simon to rise and heed the call of his minions...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 6/08/2005 08:56:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com