Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 25, 2005

Another Credit Card Horror Story…

Well, it isn’t really a horror story, but it won’t be something the manager of credit card sales would want to read. Here’s what happened actually. I’ve been a card customer of this international bank, which I shall not name (but some of my pals call it Sillybank… oops, did I say too much?) for many, many years.

I must emphasize here that I’ve mostly been a one-credit-card guy, no matter how many sales people approach me at shopping centres thrusting free cards in my face. (That’s another rant for an upcoming blog).

OK, so about 6 months ago this bank sends me this additional card with 3 years free annual fee. Usually, I’ll cut these cards up immediately and throw it out, but when I call them about it, they told me that if I accept this free card, they’ll waiver the annual fee of my other card, the one I’ve been using all this while. That seemed a good deal, since I didn’t have to use the new card, just accept it.

Then when my statement came last month, my annual fee was not waived!! So I called them up today. After going through that annoying computer voice 3 TIMES, I finally got through to a human. He then put me on hold for like 5 minutes ('computer is down'). Finally, after for like an eternity, this guy there said that there was no mention of it in the computer (whoa, did this ‘computer’ just come up?!). And then he said, 'Who did you speak to regarding this last time?'

Well, excuse me if I can’t remember the name of Indifferent Telephone Personnel #3432AF299 (KL branch).

Long story short, I’ve canceled the card. I’m going back to being a one-credit-card. And if those Sillybank sales people ever approach me again when I’m in Tesco…

8 Comments:

  • They always have the new tricks to trap you...
    BTW, I am still credit-card-free guy. Gonna get one soon.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/25/2005 05:49:00 pm  

  • My experience to Sillybank was also similar - to date i had raised 3 official complaints to them (their management), and i had then ceased using the card. They will try every chances to make you keep the card (so that they can show off their selling results), anyway when it's of no use, i will cancel that.

    Too long story to go through my experience, will talk about it if anybody is interested to read.

    By Blogger keng 坑, at 3/01/2005 07:54:00 am  

  • Put it in a blog, I think many people will read it, especially if its about Sillybank...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 3/01/2005 08:20:00 am  

  • ok.. here it is:

    2002: A telesales exec called me to offer me the Sillybankcard for 1yr annual fee waived. Somehow he had successfully lured me to submit the appl. Few weeks later i recv a letter from Sillybank saying that my appl. was rejected due to dunno-what reason.

    2002: The same telesales exec called me again and i questioned him for the unsuccessful applicaton. He went on to resubmit appl. for me, and few weeks later i received the same letter from Sillybank rejecting me again - not only that, they kept calling my family to ask for some details. i was annoyed by this disturbing action and made an official complaint to their mgmt (no reply from them).

    2003: Another telesales exec called me again to offer the same package... and i told her my experience. She offered to channel my voice and therefore a 2nd official complaint to their mgmt, this time a sales manager replied with an apology letter.

    2003'Q4:
    A telesales exec called me that Sillybank can offered me a 2yrs annual fee waiver for signing up a transparent card. She had a great voice and can really talk... and finally she got me signed up. I used several times since then.. no bad experience though until~

    1yr later, Sillybank charged me for 2nd year annual fee. Immediately i called them up to check and was told my contract written was only 1yr waiver. Conned, i sent a cancellation and complaint letter to their mgmt again revealing my frustration - and that i m not going to settle the annual fee. Their mgmt quickly replied to waive that fee to keep me staying with them~

    since then, i had stopped using that card - and wait for a time to cancel forever!

    By Blogger keng 坑, at 3/03/2005 09:08:00 pm  

  • Whoaa... is anyone from Sillybank reading this?!

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 3/04/2005 08:35:00 am  

  • Well, I had quite okay service from that bank all these years, but one of their housing loan sales rep pissed me off big time with his incompetence a few years back. But I do feel that they take their existing customers for granted (e.g. how come all the promotions are meant for new card holders only?). My take on this credit card sales thing is, if the banks had spent more time trying to keep their existing customers happy, then they wouldn't have to spend so much time and money trying to get new ones.

    Patrick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/04/2005 02:20:00 pm  

  • that was right on, pat. our classic grey cards have NO benefits!!!

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 3/04/2005 02:56:00 pm  

  • i wouldn't say it's totally that bank's fault - but they must somehow give some quality trainings to these partimers sales exec, who had tried very hard to sell but meantime, slashing the bank's prestigious image.

    The number of cards is not that important, it's the spending amount of each cards that matters -even the most silly bank knows about this fact. No point for getting so many new sign-up.

    By Blogger keng 坑, at 3/04/2005 05:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com