Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Watch This Movie!!!

Here’s a movie you must watch : “Dodgeball - the True Underdog Story”.

Now, before you go on to tell me that the reviewers gave it a bad rating, saying that it’s a formulaic, juvenile, run-of-the-mill movie, I’ll say this. It’s funny.

I won’t go into a fanboy play-by-play review here, there’s many places on for the Net where you can get it. And besides, I don't want to give out any spoilers to ruin it for you, just my intellectual views.

Why? Firstly, it’s funny. I know I’ve said that before. I have a tendency to repeat myself, sometimes. I have a tendency to repeat myself, sometimes.

Secondly, it tells a story of a laid-back little guy battling the mega-corporation bad guy. And the little guy wins, against the odds. But he doesn’t get the girl, although there’s a funny story why. Must watch it yourself to appreciate the joke.

Thirdly, the little guy is surrounded by a bunch of social misfits that are his friends and double-up as his dodgeball teammates. There’s this guy who thinks he’s a real pirate. A high-school loser who dreams of making the cheerleading team (he’s a guy). An accountant type middle-age guy with a Russian mail-order bride. And a few others too funny to mention here.

Fourthly, it promotes team spirit and fairplay in competitive sports. No, I’m joking.

Fifthly, there’s this line in the movie that goes, “I want you to meet my team – Blaze... Laser... Blazer…” Still laughing thinking about it.

And lastly, two words for you - Ben Stiller. Need I say more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com