Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 11, 2005

Not Feeling Great

Well, it had started as a fine CNY holiday but yesterday, it hit rock bottom for me. I had a loud disagreement with my parent's neightbour (not the nice Malay family having a kenduri kahwin, the other one). The reason for the bust-up is irrelevant, I don't want to talk so much about it. I guess it has been a building up for a few years now, since they moved in.

I'm pissed off at myself for losing my cool, and to let myself to be bothered by the petty stuff. I haven't felt so bothered about other people like this for a long time now. I remember when I was growing up, there were many occasions, helped by the fact that there many jerks out there. Usually rich jerks who like to pick on the poor, little guy. As the years went by it became less common, prolly becoz I learnt to stand up to them, or not be bothered by them so much. But this incident really burns.

I hope I can get over it soon.

Let's talk about tailgaters on Malaysian highways. You know what a tailgater is, they drive at 200km/h on the fast lane of the highway, come a few inches behind your car and flash at you until you move aside for them to pass. They usually drive either
  • Mercedes (or BMW) or some imported expensive car I can't pronounce;
  • 4WDs or
  • those Mat racing with their souped-up Wiras.
Obviously, they are above the law, they don't need to obey the speed limit, unlike commoners like you and me. Their time is too important and expensive to be wasted on something like road safety or civic consciousness. Traffic summonses? Who cares? RM150 is spare change for me, what?! Summon me lah!

Anyway, here's a joke I found off the Net. Kinda tells how I'm feeling at the moment:
When Joe's wife ran away, he got so depressed that his doctor sent him to see a psychiatrist. Joe told the psychiatrist his troubles and said, "Life isn't worth living."
"Don't be stupid, Joe," said the psychiatrist. "Let work be your salvation. I want you to totally submerge yourself in your work. Now, what do you do for a living?"
"I clean out septic tanks," Joe replied.

1 Comments:

  • Well, friend, as Tom Hanks said in You've Got Mail, "when you finally have the pleasure of saying the thing you mean to say at the moment you mean to say it, remorse inevitably follows". Not to say that what happened shouldn't have happened, that's a different issue altogether...anyway, take care and see you back in Puchong..

    Pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/12/2005 01:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com