Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, February 25, 2005

What Mags I Read...

Here’s a list of magazines I read on a regular basis. Please note, I don’t buy all the mags here, most of them I read at the library or mooch off my philanthropic friends. If I did buy all of ‘em, I’ll probably be living off biscuits everyday.

Empire: It’s a British international movie mag. I used to read every single word of this rag (including the spine quote) but I've gone off it a bit since they changed the format and streamlined it (puh-leez…). 'Too commercialized, now', I would say, with a hint of arrogance.
FourFourTwo: A must read. I love Sam Allardyce's coaching tips and David Platt's tactical analysis. Although I skip the bits about Spanish local rivalries and League One news.
The Edge: It’s gone up to RM5!!! PER WEEK!!! And we're paying for all those useless pull-outs like Options and Netv@lue!!! @#$%!! But I'm addicted... (Thanks Pat, or else I’ll be reading it at the newsstand...)
Forbes & Fortune: Polished, American, informative, biased and both obsessed with the China market. Although I can't really tell the difference between the two.
Personal Money: I’ll only buy it if the articles interest me. When it was first launched, I thot I could write better articles!! But it’s now better than Malaysian Business and Personal Investor.
Investor Digest: It’s always outdated by a month, the layout and design is crappy, the writing is amateurish, the paper quality is only slightly better than toilet paper, but the tables and charts alone are worth the nine bucks.
Touch: Comes free in the mail every month. No idea why.
Torque: Bought it when I was car-shopping. I think I'll switch to Hypertune.
Hello! & New Woman: Only read them when I'm waiting at the mamak barber. It's either them or Stardust (the Bollywood mag).
Esquire, GQ, Arena: Only when I'm bored at the British Council.
Professional Fishkeeping, Majesty: Only when I'm REALLY, REALLY bored.

When are they coming out with a mag for people who read too many mags?

7 Comments:

  • Good mix, which is great and makes you a universally knowledgeable person. Outread your competition :) Have a great day

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2005 09:51:00 am  

  • thanx. now if i can find smoe free subscriptions...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 2/25/2005 11:55:00 am  

  • How dare you diss Empire, my fav for the last 14 years! But come to think of it, they do sound a bit arrogant nowadays...

    Personally, I don't like Forbes at all, I think its too pro Republican Party and some articles I've read are hair-raisingly neo-conservative. Yah,I admit I'm a closet liberal :P Fortune, on the other hand, I feel is more balanced :)

    Pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2005 12:40:00 pm  

  • Thats a good selection. However, you have to spend a lod if you subscribe to them all. I only subscribe to two magazines - Far East Economic Review and National Geographic.l

    By Blogger Dilip Mutum, at 2/25/2005 03:29:00 pm  

  • wah, nat geo must be the Most Expensive Mag in Malaysia! but definitely worth the money...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 2/25/2005 04:16:00 pm  

  • ha.. i like the way u commented The Edge, but i can understand ur addiction as i used to do that. Personal Money is though a good read in the bookstand, not for subscribing - i agree that the topic may not be what u like every month.

    By Blogger keng 坑, at 3/01/2005 07:59:00 am  

  • weei - yeah i had that problem, too. the edge isn't friendly to newbies, always need someone to explain things to me... Only the big bookshops and shopping centre mamaks sell the edge...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 3/25/2005 12:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com