Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 03, 2005

One Of Our Own...

Today has started on a poignant note. An acquaintance of mine, Kenny has passed on to be with the Lord. He is not even 30 yet, but in the short time he has been on earth, it is more than obvious he has his fair share of hardship and cruel irony.

In our world today, the passing from life to the hereafter has been trivialized and over-sentimentalized for whatever reasons beyond me. For Kenny, I wish I had known him better, and he has by all means fought a good fight.

See you in heaven on that glorious day.


Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 14:6

In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread

Till you return to the ground,
For out of it you were taken;
For dust you are,
And to dust you shall return."
Genesis 3:19


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
II Timothy 2:7

1 Comments:

  • Well said, Simon ..... even though a part of me is glad that he is with the Lord and his suffering has ended, another part of me is deeply grieved that it ended like this, after all that he has gone through ....... Good bye Kenny, you will be deeply missed ......

    Patrick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/03/2005 10:35:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com