Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Anyone Wanna Lend Me These?

Can’t wait to read these books. But won’t be able to buy them yet, I just made a cheque out to Income Tax for RMxxxx that will keep me broke for at least 3 months. Even though I’m going to Borders this weekend (despite some negative comments from friends) to check them out, I’ll probably just stand at the aisles and flip through them (while trying to blink back the tears when looking at the price tag).

Anyway, if any of my good friends are reading this and just can’t think of what to do with their money, you know what to do…

  • Lirael by Garth Nix (yeah I know its light stuff but since reading Sabriel I’ve been hooked)
  • Abhorsen by Garth Nix
  • Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel (still trying to read it for free…)
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  • Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction by Sue Townsend

Better stop the list here or it can go on for two pages…



Back to main page.

8 Comments:

  • Wow, wish I have the time to sit down and read. Nowadays, I hardly read books because I don't have the luxury of uninterrupted time. Reading blogs is diff. I can jump in and out of my computer chair. But book, one needs concentration and be settled down comfy. *sigh* Wait till the toddler is older...

    By Blogger 5xmom.com, at 4/24/2005 05:04:00 pm  

  • Hi Simon, have finally posted the Darth Maul pix on blog - but u gotta turn yr head to the side to view it :) didn't have time to edit it.
    cheers

    By Blogger Shan, at 4/25/2005 04:01:00 pm  

  • Too bad that I'm not in Malaysia right now. Wouldn't have minded lending all those books to you. The Abhorsen trilogy is great! :)

    By Blogger Kat, at 4/25/2005 09:36:00 pm  

  • 5xmom - maybe you can read novels on your PC...?

    shan - yeh, that was a great pic!

    kat - FINALLY!!! somebody else who has read Sabriel!!! When are you coming home for the holidays? :)

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 4/25/2005 10:08:00 pm  

  • How come the books that you wish to buy are so expensive until it will cost you 4 figures. By the may, looking at the title of those book, i also pengsan cause i really don't know what are those, and can't imagine what is the content. My English is still in Sesame Street level.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/26/2005 07:38:00 am  

  • mrkiasu - the books are about RM40 each, the four figure sum was for my income tax for 2004. And this is despite the monthly deductions...

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 4/26/2005 08:30:00 am  

  • Coming home later this year. Of all the books you listed, the abhorsen trilogy is my favourite, though life of pi and love in the time of cholera come close second. :) You are the first person that I know read it as well! What a shame that it doesn't get the publicity it deserves.

    By Blogger Kat, at 4/26/2005 10:50:00 pm  

  • kat - i borrowed it from the british council, they don't have lirael & abhorsen.

    i noticed its always found in the bookstores under "teen fiction" or "girls fiction". Strange.

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 4/27/2005 08:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com