Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Think I'm Going To Join the Black Parade

Been listening to My Chemical Romance's new album for the past few days. Good stuff. Looks like they've going for the rock opera thematic Queen-esque album here, with the phantom marching band and their Black Sgt. Pepper styled coats.



(pic from wikipedia.)



When I was
A young boy,
My father
Took me into the city
To see a marching band.
He said,
"Son when
You grow up,
Would you be
The saviour of the broken,
The beaten and the damned?"




He said
"Will you
Defeat them,
Your demons,
And all the non believers,
The plans that they have made?
Because one day
I leave you,
A phantom
To lead you in the summer,
To join the black parade."



Good stuff, man. When i was a kid, my dad never brought me anywhere, let alone to see any parade. I would have loved to be the saviour of the broken, the beaten and the damned.

Instead, I've now joined the Dark Side, the Evil Empire. Also known as the corporate 9-t-o-5 life.

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com