Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, March 18, 2005

So I Went iPod Shopping

So I went iPod shopping today, kononnya lah…. Actually I was in KLCC on the way back from banana leaf rice in Lebuh Ampang with a friend (we took the LRT). I was walking to the escalator when the display window caught my eye… it was a white iPod!

I’ve never really seen one before, except in magazines where they are really hyping it up. Fortune ran this article on Apple’s Steve Jobs and showed this collage of photos of famous people with their iPods.

My friend gave me an iPAQ MP3 player before, but the download so slow I gave up using it… besides it was only 64MB.

So since I stopped at the shop display window for more than the minimum 0.4 split seconds, natural law dictates that the a salesperson will immediate pop up from nowhere and ask me, “Can I help you?” (with the customary sunny smile)

Actually, this tie wearing sales personnel was quite nice, probably I gave him my ‘I’m-really-serious-about-buying-and-can-afford-this-RM12000-gadget’ look. Or maybe it was just a slow day at the shop. I dunno.

So anyway, this guy gave me the lowdown on compatibility, features, power source, USB ports, capacity, etc. And he even added, “THIS AFTERNOON, we’re having this promotion of RMxxxx for this model…” Man, do I feel sorry for all those people who bought THIS MORNING! They would have missed out that this fantastic offer!!!

Anyway to cut the long story short, the 6GB iPod Mini is going for about RM1200, the 4GB one is retailing at about 1k. Offer is valid THIS AFTERNOON. The 20GB standard iPod is selling at about RM1500. There are a few higher priced models, with the usual extra cheat-your-money functions. They didn’t have the iPod shuffle, that would be around RM500.


So did I buy one? Heck, no. I may love the look and tech of it, but I still need to put 2 kids through kindergarten. And pay for my car… but one day, if my company gives me a good raise….hmm….

7 Comments:

  • I can prolly afford it but hmm .. I rather get a Mini O2 ...

    By Blogger inevitable, at 3/18/2005 04:01:00 pm  

  • Walao.... iPod Shuffle RM500?!?! True or not?!?!?

    By Blogger CLF, at 3/18/2005 07:37:00 pm  

  • In Perth, the 4GB iPod costs AUD$250, which translates to RM750.

    But you're probably not interested in that.

    I'm just saying. :D

    By Blogger kennysia, at 3/19/2005 01:05:00 am  

  • ipod overrated lah...

    By Blogger Jon Choo, at 3/19/2005 05:20:00 am  

  • inevitable - what a cool nick! but i already hv a Mini 02 is awesome, but even more expensive...

    munkit - go and bargain a bit lah! maybe the nice salesgirl will give you RM99 discount!

    clf - since they didn't hv the shuffle stock, that guy bluff me also i dunno...

    kenny - if you're going to OZ, can tumpang some things aa?

    jon - true, true, but its so cool!

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 3/19/2005 09:25:00 am  

  • Btw, one of my friend get a 15GB iPod for less than RM1000.

    By Blogger CLF, at 3/19/2005 11:53:00 am  

  • 15GB iPod is a 3rd generation iPod. I assume your friend got it second handed?

    iPod may be overrated to some, but 10 million units and counting sold is no small feat and speaks for itself.

    As for me, I just love my iPod.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2005 05:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com