Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Your Most Important Job Priority (Trust Me on This)

My friend company, a mid-sized, multi-national corporation, is going through some restructuring. By product of that process, the staff is put through some re-evaluation/soul-searching/identity crisis sort of thing. They each have to list down 5 priorities of their job, so he came to me for help.

Well, since I’m happy at my job (and based on my experiences with my previous jobs), I was more than glad to lend him a hand.

So I recommended the following 10 priorities for him to give his management. I know they asked for five, but by giving 10, it is called being ‘proactive’ and ‘efficient’. Which, by the way, is applicable for ANYONE in ANY JOB in the world:


  • Try not to get yourself fired (The very top priority)
  • Try not to piss off your boss/bosses.
  • Try not to make enemies with your colleagues (I’ll have to admit this is REALLY hard)
  • If you need to suck up, don’t make it too obvious. EVERYONE (and may include the one you’re sucking up to) will hate you for it.
  • If you don’t know, don’t pretend you do.
  • If it does not involve you, don’t get involved.
  • Drink less coffee.
  • Don’t gossip. Everyone will know what you said. Trust me.
  • The boss’ driver and secretary are the two most important people you should be buddies with.



Back to main page.

8 Comments:

  • That bimbo you look down on maybe your si thau poh (boss's wife) one day.

    By Blogger 5xmom.com, at 6/16/2005 01:24:00 pm  

  • don't forget to sign on office b'day card to the boss, otherwise u will not be remembered for any appraisal.

    By Blogger Din, at 6/16/2005 01:35:00 pm  

  • I was very lucky I never had problems with any of my colleagues on my last job. After all how could you clash with one whole office of fellow party animals? It's fun time everytime.

    By Blogger coppersnare, at 6/16/2005 02:55:00 pm  

  • drink less coffee? are you mad? but why? why?? why??? caffeine is my fren...

    By Blogger anjali*, at 6/16/2005 04:42:00 pm  

  • same question with anjali, why less coffee? Mean more alcohol??! Gee....

    By Blogger keng 坑, at 6/16/2005 09:09:00 pm  

  • 5xmom - Very true! Esp if director likes bimbos!

    fahrudeen - yes, very true...

    coppersnare - wow, but why did you leave? that sounded like a dream job.

    mrkiasi - i say 'try to' because no matter how hard ppl try, they sometimes still get fired, piss of their boss... human nature, you know la...

    keng & anjali - More alcohol at 8am is suicidal to your career!

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 6/17/2005 08:29:00 am  

  • all i see is 9 priorities. where's the last one?

    or it would be, "never correct other's fault if it doesn't concern u"? haha...

    By Blogger singth, at 6/27/2005 12:02:00 pm  

  • 2 face buddha - i didn't have enough to make 10, so i didn't name it a top ten list! but thanks for completing the last one...!

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 6/27/2005 01:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com