Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday.

Two thousand years ago, one of the greatest tragedies of human history was unfolding outside the city of Jerusalem. On a lonely hill called Calvary, they led the one called Jesus Christ out to be crucified on a wooden cross.

Hung between two thieves, the he was mocked and taunted by the crowd and Roman guards.

Betrayed by a friend, hung out to dry

Alone in the end, stretched across the sky
Eclipse the sun, they know not what they do
They say if God is love why would He be so cruel
“Scarecrow” by Bride

From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?”–which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”
Matthew 27:45, 46

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
Luke 23:45-46

And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, “Surely this man was the Son of God!”
Mark 15:39

I will always love you
Your memory will live in heart
I will always love you
We will be reunited on that glorious day
Face to face.
"Face to Face" by King James

Today, as our world creeps slowly towards self-destruction, I am reminded of the incidents that took place two millennia ago.

Keep the faith, my good friends.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com