Like That Also Can Ah?!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Overused American Idol Comments

American Idol is really hotting up here. But one thing that gets me is that the judges don't really know how to express themselves when commenting on the performances. Here are some of the comments they've used over and over again...

Randy "The Dawg" Jackson:
"It was just a-iight for me man."
"Listen, it was your BEST performance, so far."
"What's up, dawg?"
"How do you think you did?"
"You da bomb, girl/dude"
You're just like a young Aretha Franklin, girl!"
"What's going down, dawg?"
"Dude, it was a little pitchy, but it all came together in the end..."


Paula "Not Really An Idol" Abdul:

"You really owned the stage, well done."
"I'm a big fan of your voice"
"You're already a star"
"I'm so pround of you"
"I'll have to say not one of your best performance"
"You look awesome tonight"



Simon Cowell:
"Let me put this in perspective..."
"How shall I put this..."
"Walk into any second-rate hotel lounge/cabaret/karaoke bar..."
"Undeniably, the best performance we've heard so far, tonight"
"It was a complete and utter mess"
"It was all over the place."
"Ghastly"
"Horrendous"


And remember everyone, drink Coca-Cola just like the *cool* judges!

3 Comments:

  • Been ages since I last watch American Idol, whats up? The only thing I like to watch on American Idol is during the pre-elimentary round. All sorts of ppl did turn up and that is the funniest part. After that, blah, I aint watching. :)

    By Blogger Jason Lioh, at 3/26/2005 11:28:00 am  

  • LOL. Spot on. Am actually really fed up of watching AI. How many times do we have to be tortured with the same butcherings of great classics?
    Dunno about the rest of you guys but I can't tahan it for much longer.
    And yeah Jason's right - the auditions were funny and that's about it.
    I've added you to my blog - hope it's ok with you :-)
    cheers

    By Blogger Shan, at 3/26/2005 01:06:00 pm  

  • jason - yeah i like that part too. but its obvious that a lot of 'em are purposely bad just to get on tv.

    shan - sure, and if anyone else you kow wanna link, just drop me a note!

    By Blogger Yoong Family, at 3/26/2005 07:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You're visitor number free web counter
web counter
Google
 
Web wheregot.blogspot.com